Each year, about 20% more people (and growing) start their utility service online, yet the digital version of the customer experience has still not caught up to the traditional call center experience. As utilities work to refine the online experience for their customers and catch up with other industries, Allconnect wanted to help its partners close that gap, provide more value to these consumers and create new opportunities for lifecycle marketing to keep the utility/customer relationship going.
To do this, Allconnect needed to develop a digital version of its successful move advisor program that provides a comparably easy and convenient experience for purchasing and comparing home services such as Internet and TV.
The new Mover Connections Center (MCC), launched in 2018, provides a digital “one-stop-shop” for consumers to connect their homes as part of a seamless online experience that begins with starting electricity and gas services online with their utility.
Once the consumer has finished starting or transferring their utility service online, they are given the option to visit the MCC to complete some of the most important tasks when moving, including:
• Purchase internet and TV products
• Sign up to receive special mover deals (which allows Allconnect to activate downstream marketing opportunities on behalf of the utility and create lifetime value)
• Start the change of address process via USPS
• Register to vote
• Announce their move to friends and family
Allconnect is currently working to add even more value to the experience of movers who visit the site, including:
• Full cart functionality for all products on the shelf
• The option to purchase or enroll in the utility’s own products, programs and services digitally
• Integrated electricity and gas start/transfer options for movers who come to the site from sources other than the utility, or for those utilities who don’t want the burden and expense of designing their own online start service option