As part of its mission to ensure ongoing affordability of energy for its customers, Pacific Gas & Electric Company (PG&E) offers the California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) Program. CARE is a statewide program that provides 30% or more off qualifying individuals’ electricity and gas bills based on their household income plus the number of people in their home.
In late 2014, PG&E wanted to find a new way to increase enrollment rates and reduce the number of unqualified customers signing up for the program. Research indicated that CARE-eligible customers move more frequently when compared to other residential customers, so Allconnect, which had implemented the mover-focused home services solution Simple Connections for PG&E since 2008, seemed like the right channel to test.
Allconnect, who already spoke to an average of 18,000 PG&E customers each month to help them compare, select and order essential home services, provided the right testing environment for PG&E to educate consumers about CARE and help them meet program goals.
By leveraging data-driven analytics and technology to guide the discussion, Allconnect’s home service advisors began offering the program to renters in 2015, which accounted for about 62% of the customers who used Simple Connections.
ALLCONNECT CARE PROGRAM OVERVIEW
• Customers who were interested in learning more about CARE provided their email address on the call.
• Allconnect sent an email with instructions about how to enroll in CARE in three easy steps.
• Once the customer clicked on the email, they were taken to an application form, which securely pre-populated through Allconnect’s platform with the information they provided on the call.
• The customer entered additional information to see if they qualified for the program.
• Form was sent to PG&E for approval and final enrollment.
© 2018 Allconnect Inc. All Rights Reserved, Proprietary and Confidential. | Questions? Email us: email@example.com.